1. Certification Bodies (CB) operating in Pakistan and accredited by Pakistan National Accreditation Council (PNAC) would be preferred and directly approved.
2. Certification Bodies (CBs) duly accredited by a recognized foreign Accreditation Body (AB), preferably National Accreditation Body, will be considered for qualification of the applicant SME provided that accreditation schemes is not yet launched by PNAC or is outside the scope of PNAC.
3. Cases where certificates other than PNAC accredited CBs are issued, the CBs operating in Pakistan but accredited directly by foreign Accreditation Bodies should provide the credible evidence that:
a. The branch office of CB is accredited for Pakistani location.
b. Its AB holds membership of International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and is a signatory to Multilateral Recognition Arrangements (MLA) / enjoys member status for the Pakistani location.
c. Credible evidence to the requirements narrated above to “a” & “b” is provided.
4. Individuals/organizations acting as a representative of a foreign CB under a legal agreement and not using the name of the CB will not be considered for this incentive programme / scheme.
Note: The above criteria do not hold for CE Marking, Product Certification and Accreditation of Laboratories and Services.
1. For CE Marking, relevant EU Directives will be followed.
2. For Product Certification CB must hold Accreditation according to relevant ISO Standards / Guidelines.
3. For Accreditation of Laboratories & Services, the rules & procedures governed by PNAC will be followed.